Pay with Points lets you use points earned with your Instacart Mastercard® to pay for all or part of your purchase in the Instacart app or at Instacart.com. Pay with Points is automatically enrolled when your Instacart Mastercard is added to your Instacart account.
Understanding your points
- For Pay with Points to be available, your Instacart Mastercard must be selected as your payment method at checkout.
- Each point is worth $.01 (one cent), meaning 100 points equals $1 in redemption value.
- There’s no minimum points balance to redeem. For example, if you have 1 point, you can redeem for $.01 in the Instacart app or at Instacart.com.
- If you don’t use points to pay for your entire order, you must use your Instacart Mastercard and/or Instacart credits to cover the remaining balance.
- Points never expire as long as you’re an Instacart Mastercard holder.
You can check your points balance at checkout. Make sure your Instacart Mastercard is selected as the payment method.
You can also redeem points for cash back on chase.com or travel purchased through the Chase Travel Center. Log in at chase.com/instacart for more details.
How to Pay with Points
- Shop in the Instacart app or at Instacart.com, add items to your cart, and go to checkout.
- Choose your Instacart Mastercard as your payment method, then select the option to apply points to your total.
- Your Instacart Mastercard points will be deducted from your order total and displayed in checkout totals.
Please note, if you don’t use Instacart Mastercard points to pay for your entire order, the remaining balance must be paid using your Instacart Mastercard or Instacart credits.
Points can’t pay for—
- Instacart+ memberships
- Instacart gift cards
- Orders outside of the U.S.
- Modifications made after checkout (they get charged to your Instacart Mastercard)
Additional exclusions may apply. Please review your Rewards Program Agreement to learn more about your points.
Pay with Points and EBT SNAP
You can use Pay with Points and EBT SNAP on the same order. Your EBT SNAP balance is deducted before your points balance. Any remaining balance on your order after using EBT SNAP and points must be paid for with your Instacart Mastercard.
Problems redeeming points
If you don't see the option to redeem points on Instacart after selecting your Instacart Mastercard as the payment method, try the following—
- Update your app to the latest version, or log in at Instacart.com.
- Select Instacart Mastercard as the payment method at checkout.
If you don’t see the option to redeem points on Instacart, please try the following steps:
- Remove your Instacart Mastercard as a payment method from your Instacart account
- Delete the Instacart app, then redownload the latest version available on App Store or Google Play Store
- Add your Instacart Mastercard as a payment method to your Instacart account and go to checkout to try again.
Returns and cancellations
Points will not be refunded for valid returns or cancellations of any kind. Points are returned as Instacart credit, redeemable only in the Instacart app or at Instacart.com.